For subscribers, the November 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The remit of an expert under an option agreement - Great Dunmow Estates Ltd v Crest Nicholson Operations Ltd.
- Who confers rights under the Electronic Communications Code - Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Ltd v Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd.
- Relief from forfeiture for licensees - Manchester Ship Canal Co Ltd v Vauxhall Motors Ltd.
- Covenants against applying for planning - Sequent Nominees Ltd v Hautford Ltd.
- Breaching covenants for quiet enjoyment - Jafari v Tareem Ltd.
- A receiver’s right to possession - Menon v Pask.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- A new consultation on raising minimum standards under the MEES regulations.
- The new SRA Code of Conduct (November 2019).
- Access to connections for tenants under the Electronic Communications Code.
- Mortgagees’ consent to leases.
- New Law Society guidance on VAT on disbursements.
- Complying with restrictions requiring consent.
Published on 1 November 2019.